Thursday, March 10, 2011
Traveling Trouble
This past weekend I took a college visit to Clemson University in South Carolina with my mom. On the way down everything went fine, there was an hour to spare before the flight took off we got there on time and did not get lost on the way to the hotel and the two days in Clemson went fine. Thats when Murphy's Law decided to show up. On the way down we had a direct flight from Cleveland to South Carolina, on the way back it went through Washington D.C. Dulles Airport. So of course, thats when the bad weather decides to show up. Originally we planned for a forty minute layover in D.C. and the next plane was the next gate over so when the first flight takes off a hour late we know we are in trouble. So we get there and miss our flight by about five or ten minutes. The next flight to Cleveland leaves about five hours later but it is full. So we decide to put our names on the standby list to try and get on the flight and can not leave the airport. Just to make things more fun I did not bring much homework because I figured I would be home by three on Saturday and would have plenty of time to do it then, so I am stuck in the airport with nothing to do. Of course we miss the next and last flight by two seats. So then we get a hotel room for the night and have tickets to go out on the 8:30 flight the next morning but to do that we have to be up by six. Finally we get on the plane and get home and my mom goes straight to my sister's horse show. At that point just to follow our luck my sister gets thrown off a horse and breaks her arm. I also get called into work so instead of having all of Sunday to work on homework I lose an additional four hours on top of the extra travel time. It is times like these where in a way you just have to laugh at the extent of the bad luck. Murphy's Law wins again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment